The prospect of starting to train leads to wonder how long it will take to see the results of the gym. The most skeptical coaches think that starting from the fourth week the results will be visible. It all depends on very personal factors.

The first thing to do is to define what we mean by gym results.

See each other, stay or feel good

In this sense, the starting physical form plays an important role in the perception we have of our bodies. However, it is above all a reflection of our inner world. The sporting activity makes us feel better, makes us feel good and makes us see better.

But how long does it take to see the results? The first phase consists of pain, adaptation and exhaustion. On an aesthetic level, knowing our body, we might notice small improvements.

Some of these improvements may seem subjective, but no less real. For example, fitness sets in motion a muscular effort that gives us a certain tone during training; to get results, you need to be constant. Starting from the second week, we can see a definition of the parts of the body that we are training.

How important is the duration of the training?

The World Health Organization advises adults to carry out at least 150 minutes of physical activity per week. This is in the case of moderate physical activity. But as for the most intense workouts, we recommend 74 minutes a day, enough for a trained body.

But this standard only allows us to stay in shape and maintain normal physical values. In order to notice changes in the muscles, these numbers must be multiplied by five. So in this sense, time is important.

However, not all those who engage in rigorous training for a certain period of time achieve the same results. For example, there are people suffering from soft obesity who notice weight changes, but not many changes in morphology. In this case, there are many determining factors.

Gym results: the initial weight is quite important

The weight that each of us has during training defines the speed and visibility of the results. Then people start to tone up, usually, with ease. But even this is relative, because for this type of person, for example, it is difficult to gain weight when they really need it.

A similar thing happens to overweight people. It is not just a question of weight but also of morphology: the goal is to perform a type of training suited to our body type. If we do not pay attention to this aspect, it will be difficult to get results.

According to this logic, people with an “H” physical form usually get better results faster. Almost always, the metabolism of these people allows them to shape the body with moderate ease; this assumes an advantage when it comes to achieving the desired aesthetic goal.

Nutrition defines our body

Another aspect to consider is that the exercise determines only 30% of our physical form. The other 70% has to do with diet and our eating habits. If the objectives are not in harmony with the diet, the final result will not be the same.

Even aspects such as genetics and our everyday life define our external appearance. A less influential factor would be sex; there are few obstacles related to gender and performance. In practice, a woman has the same chance as a man to shape his body.

Only smart training planning will lead us to achieve visible results more quickly. The great changes that occur over time take years to be visible: a thin person can change his conformation a bit after about five or six years of physical activity.

To sum up, there are many variables that determine the results and each of us is different. It is not just a matter of conformation; organs, physical condition, and even psychological state are all aspects that play an important role. What is certain is that in addition to the complexity of shaping the body, the results can be seen even if it is about small progress. The idea is to keep us focused on the goal, to then improve further.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Enter Captcha Here : *

Reload Image