In addition to aesthetic reasons, there are health reasons for which it is important to know how to eliminate fat while maintaining muscle mass. A high percentage of body fat, in fact, increases the risks of suffering from serious health problems.
When we lose weight, we eliminate body fat, but also part of the lean muscle mass that covers our muscles; this is what we must avoid.
Only through a proper diet and a correct training plan will you be able to eliminate body fat and preserve a perfectly healthy muscular system. The combination of fish, legumes, fruit and vegetables, along with a 30-minute walk a day, maybe enough to keep fit.
10 rules to eliminate body fat and not lose the muscles
- Change your lifestyle, introducing changes that you will carry on for a long time. Correct the diet, without completely eliminating the calories and finding a training plan that suits you. This will allow you to lay the groundwork to succeed in your purpose and develop new habits.
- Drink water. Water is essential for the development of the cellular activity. Water is calorie-free and will give you a feeling of fullness and help you eat less. As for the amount of water to be taken, there are various opinions; It is important to consider weight, the type of diet and if you are doing any type of training.
- Reduce carbohydrate intake with starches. When we decide to eliminate body fat, one of the keys is to reduce the consumption of certain foods. This is the case with potatoes, rice, pasta, bread. These bring more to the body than it needs. A daily cup of one of these foods is more than enough.
- Make a full breakfast. You need to include 30 or 40 grams of protein, a carbohydrate like oats and fruit, to get the right amount of energy. Do not replace the breakfast or any other meal with cereals or supplements, because it would negatively affect the whole training program.
- Limit sugar consumption. Even if the sugar regenerates the reserves of muscle glycogen after training, its excess then results in the formation of fat. Replace sugar consumption directly with fresh fruit and sugary drinks with water, coffee, tea or diet sodas.
- Drink black coffee before training. Caffeine causes the body to use fat as fuel during exercise, instead of glucose. The habit of drinking one or two cups of coffee without sugar or milk after training enhances the effect of the exercises. However, it is advisable not to take it during other hours of the day.
- Avoid drastic calorie reduction, a gradual reduction is more effective. It is advisable to reduce between 200 and 300 calories daily for a training period. This calorie deficit will cause your body to use fat as fuel.
- Using creatine as a muscle regenerator will help eliminate fat while maintaining muscle mass. We recommend a dose ranging from three to five grams per day with a meal, after training.
- Increase the consumption of vegetables rich in nutrients and with high nutritional value and few calories. If possible, consume five daily servings of vegetables, as a garnish or as a main dish.
- If you decide to use supplements to burn fat, you must not forget that these must always be accompanied to a proper diet, which contains vegetables, fiber, and healthy fats. It is also important to have the correct training plan. Supplements, if used wisely, can help you to eliminate fat and maintain muscle mass.
Three mistakes to avoid if you want to eliminate body fat
- Skip breakfast
- Do not respect the training program
- Don’t sleep or not get enough rest
A healthy plan to eliminate body fat and preserve muscle mass must include a diet with carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. The training must go from moderate to intense and must be constant, daily or four times a week. Night rest is essential to allow cells to regenerate.